Outsystems standard SAML 2.0 Authentication and forwarding Authentication Token
Question

Greetings,

I have a question about the standard integration that Outsystems has with SAML 2.0 compliant IDPs.

Does the platform provide methods / actions to generate or recover a bearer token for the logged in user?

This is needed if you want, for instance, to call rest services from an OS application to the IDP on behalf of the logged in user.

Does any one have an idea how we can support this type of scenario with the standard SAML 2.0 Outsystems integration that does not involve externalizing the IDP interactions to a custom module (Microsoft Connector, for instance)?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Sérgio,

I believe this component can help.

Have you already looked into it?

Also there is a course about authentication where you can find detailed info on SAML 2.0 here you can see how to configure it in the right way, I understand that you would not need to make external calls.

If you want to use a custom API for instance I believe you have to develop your own logic and authentication with tokens and etc

Raphael Ranieri wrote:

Hi Sérgio,

I believe this component can help.

Have you already looked into it?

Also there is a course about authentication where you can find detailed info on SAML 2.0 here you can see how to configure it in the right way, I understand that you would not need to make external calls.

If you want to use a custom API for instance I believe you have to develop your own logic and authentication with tokens and etc

Hello Raphael..

Thanks for the reply, but as i mentioned on the post, i do not want to externalize the interaction between OS and the IDP to a custom module like you suggested, i want to use the standard configuration for OS to connect to SAML 2.0 IDPs as stated in this article : https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Secure_the_Application/End_User_Management/End_Users_Authentication/Configure_SAML_2.0_Authentication

Hello Sergio!

I know it's an old question, but I'm facing this situation... Could you find out the solution to get the tokens from the standard SAML authentication?

Thanks!

Hello Diego, 

Unfortunately not using the standard authentication, no.

Regards

Sad to know! 

How did you handle this? With the IdP application?

Regards

No.

We actually already had a customized Microsoft Connector Forge app in place that after receiving the login reply made an extra request to the IDP and got a token, then we saved it in an Entity which saved each users tokens and then used this Entity in other places on the application to retrieve it and use it. 

Regards

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.