[Reactive Multiple File Upload] How to save uploaded file permanently in the table?

Forge Component
(4)
Published on 16 Jun by José Pedro Proença
4 votes
Published on 16 Jun by José Pedro Proença

I'm using the "Reactive Multiple File Upload" forge and really like it!

The question is how to permanently save the files into an entity since the upload cache clears the files older than 20mins.

I referenced the forge Demo and created "Uploaded User File" entity which has FileMetadatId and SessionId attributes.  And also I'm displaying a table that uses "GetUploadedUserFilesBySessionId" aggregates and it's working ok. So from here should I create new entity to store the data  that is shown in the previous table? If yes, how do I write into the newly created entity using the aggregate? (this entity should show all the uploaded files and related info...)

Thank you!

Elsie

Solution

Hi Elsie Bold,

Thanks for your patience.

You can store your files permanently by disabling the timer in the Lib:

To do deactivate the Timer, just go to the ServiceCenter, search for the Module (MultipleFileUploadReactive_Lib) and check the separator:

In the timer detail,  click on the button Deactivate:

the files will be stored in these tables below:

Just recommendation:

Create an extension table to connect to File Id and the UserId for you to map the files to the specific user.

If you want to store the files, permanently do not store with session Id (like we use in the Demo) because the session change often, and then you can't map the files to the users.

Another performance recommendation: 

You should consider using a separate entity to archive old data when: (a) old data needs to be kept for logging reasons or legal reasons but is not accessible from anywhere in the application; (b) when there is a table with a high growth rate where a small percentage of the data is heavily used, and the rest of the data is used just as an archive that is rarely accessed. Consider also developing a separate screen to view the archived data or use a union or a view in a query that is rarely used that allows seeing the data from both tables. 

Thanks,

Luís

Solution

Luís Santos Monteiro wrote:

Hi Elsie Bold,

Thanks for your patience.

You can store your files permanently by disabling the timer in the Lib:

To do deactivate the Timer, just go to the ServiceCenter, search for the Module (MultipleFileUploadReactive_Lib) and check the separator:

In the timer detail,  click on the button Deactivate:

the files will be stored in these tables below:

Just recommendation:

Create an extension table to connect to File Id and the UserId for you to map the files to the specific user.

If you want to store the files, permanently do not store with session Id (like we use in the Demo) because the session change often, and then you can't map the files to the users.

Another performance recommendation: 

You should consider using a separate entity to archive old data when: (a) old data needs to be kept for logging reasons or legal reasons but is not accessible from anywhere in the application; (b) when there is a table with a high growth rate where a small percentage of the data is heavily used, and the rest of the data is used just as an archive that is rarely accessed. Consider also developing a separate screen to view the archived data or use a union or a view in a query that is rarely used that allows seeing the data from both tables. 

Thanks,

Luís

Thanks Luís! It is working now :)