Views
Comments
IP Address filtering for LifeTime on OutSystems Cloud

On the OutSystems Cloud environment, how to restrict the access of LifeTime management console to the IT Users from the managed device or from the pre-defined IP address range?

Hi Swatantra,

You can do it but you have to contact OutSystems support for that.

They will establish a VPN, you can read more here.

Cheers,

João

Champion

Hi João,

I believe this article explains about setting up the VPN for one of the application environment. I'm interested in the IP filtering only for the Lifetime.

Regards,

Swatantra

Sorry, I shared the wrong link as I was making confusion between the two.

I have done it before opening a support case and providing the IP range.

Basically, OutSystems will set an IP range as the Internal Network, which you can then define afterwards web services and applications to be or not to be internal access only, and they will place Service Center and LifeTime as internal access only.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

João

Champion

To have the OutSystems Cloud environment to allow/restrict the IT users to access lifetime from a device in the defined IP address range, please be advised that this can be achieved by Configuring the Internal Network. If one is running on the Cloud PaaS Environment, these changes need to be done ONLY by the OutSystems Support.  

Once the activation of this service, all Management Console and the Application(s) with "Internal Access Only" property enabled will be available to access from the IP(s) address that is configured.

Any other application that is not enabled with "Internal Access Only" will be still accessible publicly via the Internet. 

The Management console consists of:

• The Service Center console of the environment
  • Lifetime environment always has the "Internal Access Only" option active. After the internal network is configured in this environment, IP access restrictions will automatically be applied.
  • Connections from Service Studio, Integration Studio, and OSP Tool to the environment.

The Application with "Internal Access Only" (Refer article Restrict access to an Internal Network

--

Swatantra