Hello Community!

I´m reading this article and I have a doubt with this sentence: the orchestration module is just applicable to versions prior to outsystems 11? I mean, In OutSystems 11 the 4 layers canvas is just the other 3? If this is the case, where put what was previously on this layer?

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/Designing_the_Architecture_of_Your_OutSystems_Applications/The_Architecture_Canvas?origin=d

Best Regards, 

Jessica Marques. 

Solution

Hi Jessica,

That is a very good question which is answered in this video at 22:03.

Basically, the idea about the orchestration was to avoid lateral dependencies between screens (imagine when you have a portal that has links for backoffice and links for your order management system). Now screen references are a weak reference so you don't need that layer anymore because that's no longer an issue (in the example I gave, your portal would be in front-end layer (light blue) referencing (weak reference) to the Backoffice and OrderManagement screens (also in front-end layer).

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

João

Solution

Hello,

Really well placed Jessica,

in addition, an image about the practice of making links between screens

Regards.

João Marques wrote:

Hi Jessica,

That is a very good question which is answered in this video at 22:03.

Basically, the idea about the orchestration was to avoid lateral dependencies between screens (imagine when you have a portal that has links for backoffice and links for your order management system). Now screen references are a weak reference so you don't need that layer anymore because that's no longer an issue (in the example I gave, your portal would be in front-end layer (light blue) referencing (weak reference) to the Backoffice and OrderManagement screens (also in front-end layer).

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

João

Hello João Marques, 

Thanks for the explanation, and for the video indication. I will watch it! 

For the time being, I didn´t do architecture for my applications yet. When I finish my research I hope to do it correctly. And certainly, this explanation will help-me. 

Cheers, 

Jessica Marques. 

Hi Jessica,

I'm glad I could help. That video is a really good and complete overview about the changes that Reactive introduces among which the architecture.

Good luck!

Cheers,

João

Agno Silveira wrote:

Hello,

Regards.

Hello Agno Silveira, 

Thanks for the addition, I really don't know much about best practices with links between screens (other than the usual). I'm looking for documentation to read, but I still can't find it. Could you tell me where can I find more information about this example? Just to find out if there are more details on this subject that I need to know. 

Cheers, 

Jessica Marques. 

Jessica Marques wrote:

Agno Silveira wrote:

Hello,

Regards.

Hello Agno Silveira, 

Thanks for the addition, I really don't know much about best practices with links between screens (other than the usual). I'm looking for documentation to read, but I still can't find it. Could you tell me where can I find more information about this example? Just to find out if there are more details on this subject that I need to know. 

Cheers, 

Jessica Marques. 

Hi Jessica, 

you can see the document  here, and look this example:

Regards.