[Web Previewer] Does it work without uploading to db?

Forge Component
(19)
Published on 2018-11-19 by Rui Mendes
19 votes
Published on 2018-11-19 by Rui Mendes

I'm trying to preview generated docx file but im getting nothing. In regard to sample there is also error Error executing query. ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB. I'll be glad for your answers

Hi Orsayev,

The error "ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes" appears when one tries to use inconsistent datatype in the database operation. It's unrelated to the WebPreviewer component.

The solution could be by changing the data types to ones that are compatible to the underlying database.

To anwer the first part of the query, you can use the component without persisting it in Database. You may have to read the content/string in buffer and supply the string to the APIs of the component to make the preview available.

You may also store the file on the external containers for instance Amazon S3. But again, the component doesn't enforce to store the file in the DB. You can preview files from the database or from an external URL. 

Regards,

Swatantra

Found another explanation for the CLOB attribute. Take a good look here this might help.

Regards,

Swatantra

Hi,

Sry for the late reply. I think I know what the problem is but since currently I don't have an Oracle environment to test it I can't be sure. I published a new version that is currently under development that I hope that can help you. You can access it here https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-versions/1281?ProjectVersionId=18702.

Test it and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Marcelo