The name of our mobile app seems to be too long for iOS at least. The name has 23 characters including 2 spaces. On the homescreen the name is shown without spaces and it ellipses at 15 characters.

In the Cordova documentation the configuration of a short name is mentioned. This wil maybe solve my issue an use an alternative name below the app icon and still use the full name elsewhere.

Is this possible to configure in OutSystems?

Hi Thomas,

A very similar question was posted on this post, I think you will find what you're looking for there.

Basically it is the application name that controls the name of the mobile app.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

João

João Marques wrote:

Hi Thomas,

A very similar question was posted on this post, I think you will find what you're looking for there.

Basically it is the application name that controls the name of the mobile app.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

João

Hi João,

This is not really the answer on my question. I know already how to change the name of the app. What I want to know is whether it’s possible to also configure a short name, like described in the Cordova docs I referred in my post.

Hi Thomas,

I have never heard about changing the name only for the iOS application but the type of configuration you are referring sounds like an extensibility configuration, perhaps under the preferences - global - ios, there is a variable to define that?

Cheers,

João