Views
Comments
Solved
Stumped on REST
Question

Hello All

I am stumped on this REST Call I am trying to integrate with one of my apps. 

It's a Transactional Email (Post) call to the SendInBlue API

I have added the service successfully in my logic tab and the required structures have been inherited too.

I am then adding the call into an action where I am adding all the required information into the record for sending:

When I run the action it keeps failing - returning a 400 Bad request.

I can see in the debugger that correct info is assigned to the record, which then fed into the api call but I can't understand why it's failing. 

Please show me the error in my ways? :) 

Error1.png

Solution

Hi Craig,

Is EmailInfo a list? If so you will need to append to it instead of assigning directly to Current. Let me know if that solves the issue.

Quentin P wrote:

Hi Craig,

Is EmailInfo a list? If so you will need to append to it instead of assigning directly to Current. Let me know if that solves the issue.

Yes, it is a list - I'm a total noob so would you mind explaining how to append?

Hi,

First you try to run it form the rest service test option. If you are getting 400 then some how the request is not generating properly. Check also if you are missing any mandatory header that requires at the time of send request.

Sourav Pasari wrote:

Hi,

First you try to run it form the rest service test option. If you are getting 400 then some how the request is not generating properly. Check also if you are missing any mandatory header that requires at the time of send request.

Hi Sourav - thanks, I did this as I was adding in the service and the tests were successful - Used that request and response to create the structure.   

Are you able to get any clues from Integration Logs in Service Center?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Craig,

I would suggest you to check the error stack after increasing the API Logging level using Service Center. Please refer the below mentioned link

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/33272/setting-logging-level-of-a-rest-api/#Post115662

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Thanks Quentin and Benjinth 

That helped - The error is telling me that the customer detail of (Name and Email) is not being passed into the call. 

I'm confused because I can see the values in the debugger being passed. These two items are the only elements that make up the "to" object of the structure. Is there a different method of adding this in?

Craig Schrickker wrote:

That helped - The error is telling me that the customer detail of (Name and Email) is not being passed into the call. 

I'm confused because I can see the values in the debugger being passed. These two items are the only elements that make up the "to" object of the structure. Is there a different method of adding this in?

Hi,

One thing I can suggest you - fiddler. Make a request and check the request in fiddler. You can change the request in fiddler and re-request. Then you can understand which value actually giving you the issue.

Craig Schrickker wrote:

Hi,

Did you enable Full logging like Benjinth suggested? You should be able see the request JSON body being sent as well. 

This can help to tell if the name and email are being sent as empty or if they are being sent but the error still reports that they are not passed (which may suggest a typo perhaps).

Solution

Hi Craig,

Quentin P wrote:

Hi Craig,

Yes, it is a list - I'm a total noob so would you mind explaining how to append?

You will need to have a local variable with the data type of the To list (I'm assuming this data type is called "To").

1. Assign To.Name = Am......FirstName, To.Email = Am......Email

2. ListAppend to EmailInfo.To your local variable.

That worked THANK YOU Quentin - add the list Append