Table attribute not adjustable

Hey, was wondering if this is intended use or more of a little bug but here we go.

I was playing with the old booking assignment on reactive web and was trying to line up some cells between different tables.

I happened to realize that when you create a table in the screen, certain attributes in the cell get automatically put inside a container, while some do not.

Otherwise not a problem but when you try to align, for example to left, when it's aligned already right, it will not move, even if you do the changes to both the container and the expression itself.

This can easily be fixed by removing the expression from container and then doing the change. Funnily enough, if you align the expression and not the cell, it will be put into a new container, which will now allow you to align the expression, but not from cell, which I guess isn't too much trouble, if it works but still.

In this example i clicked align left on the cell, it shows the align left as the chosen alignment, but the cell is still aligned right. I also checked if it's the same result in the screen after publishing and it is.

So basically what i'm wondering is if this is some bug or is there a reason for these containers, that automatically is set into some attributes, while not in others? (Date for example gets these containers around them)

Solution

Hi Oskari,

You are right, Service Studio infers the alignment based on the data type of the attribute.

If it's number, integer or dates, they will be aligned to the right (enclosed in a container with alignment to the right). This is a common pattern you see for instance in Excel, where dates and numbers also automatically align to the right.

You can see below an example on Excel which also shows the automatic alignment it is performed:

Service Studio follows the same patterns.

Hope that helps you.

Cheers,

João

Solution

João Marques wrote:

Hi Oskari,

You are right, Service Studio infers the alignment based on the data type of the attribute.

If it's number, integer or dates, they will be aligned to the right (enclosed in a container with alignment to the right). This is a common pattern you see for instance in Excel, where dates and numbers also automatically align to the right.

You can see below an example on Excel which also shows the automatic alignment it is performed:

Service Studio follows the same patterns.

Hope that helps you.

Cheers,

João

Ah, you learn something everyday i guess, never really paid attention to alignments in excel in the past when i used it, thanks for this :)