Views
Comments
Bar chart with benchmark and specific score
Question

Hi All,

I have a question about creating a bar chart (from the charts dependency) in which I want to show multiple bars. The bars will be part of a subject. 

I have a data set that contains questions (multiple choice) and scores for the answers. For instance:
Q1: Example question
A: 1 point
B: 2 points
C: 3 points

Once all questions for a topic have been answered I create an AVG for this specific company and the answered questions, So company A can score an average of 8 points, company B 7 points and company C 12 points. Next to this I also want to show the benchmark of the industry (the average score of all companies, in this case 8+7+12 / 3 = 9). 

Does anyone know how to get this benchmark data next to the company specific data for each subject of questions?

I already checked out this post since it is exactly what I want, just not sure how to do this with my data. 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_APIs/Charts_API/Create_Column_and_Bar_Charts 

I tried creating a SQL statement to combine both AVG scores, but this is not working (yet).

Thanks!

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Max,

Let me know if this is what you are looking for? sample app - BarChart

Will share the .oml file

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

This is what I need btw. I got a bit exited there haha. Other companies should not show since the data is company specific. Only the benchmark (average) should so they can compare

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Max,

Could you please let me know, where exactly you are facing trouble in implementing the mentioned use-case. So that we could be able to help you better :)

Updated sample app - BarChart 

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

By the way, the score per company per subject is already an average score. So for company A the 8 points can be calculated by getting the answers to 10 questions or so.