Views
Comments
Solved
Selecting dropdown variable/static entity attribute with button click

So i have a static entity. I also have a button, i want that if you click the button that a entity attribute is selected from the label attribute. So for example i have 2 attributes in the label attribute called "car" and "bike", if you click the button it selects "car". Is this possible? I tried to do it with a assign, but it does not work: 

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Samed Gurses wrote:

I tried but couldn't manage to do it. I share the .OML maybe you can look, i did undo my changes. So the button that needs to save the attribute is called "Goedkeuren" on the "Aanvraag_detail2" page. Thanks a lot!

Hi Samed,

Note that the respective Gegevens Entities' attribute placeholder to which you want to store the value is of Aanvraag_Voortgang Identifier typein that case you won't be assigning a hard-coded text value.

Solution: Within the respective action flow, you just have to include the below shown assignment statement

Please refer the attached updated .oml file

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

FacilityManagerCopy.oml

Hi Samed,

Yes it is possible you just need to do the following steps:

1. In True branch use a for each loop bind it with you static entity.

2. Inside the cycle use if statement to check the current record is car or not.

3.If it matches then assign the value else close the cycle.

Hope this will help you

Regards,

Vipasha

TestEntity.oml

Hi Samed,

Please follow the below steps:

1. Create an input parameter to "Opslaan" action

2. Assign variable "Afronden"  to it.

3. Inside the "Opslaan" action I am assuming you are using "CreateOrUpdate" / "Create" action and assign them a source, so before that "CreateOrUpdate" / "Create" action use a assign statement and assign "Afronden" to you source variable attribute( Attribute where you want to store "Afronden's " value).

Just for your reference purpose I've attached OML above please check

Hope this will work for you.

Regards,

Vipasha

TestEntity.oml

Hi Samed,

PFA I did the modification there.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Vipasha

FacilityManagerCopy.oml

Thank you @vipasha and @benjith. Vipahasa, i tried your file but it does not work exactly how i wanted it to be, yet really thank you for you time and effort!