Views
Comments
[OutSystems Charts] Advanced Format Only
Question
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Published on 07 Sep 2020

Hi Team

With AdvancedFormat it is possible to define the chart as a whole. 

However, at the moment the SourceDataPointList needs to be defined and this presents some problems as it seems to override some of the styles etc even if defined by AdvancedFormat.

Any chance that one can only pass the AdvancedFormat parameter, i.e. make SourceDataPointList non-mandatory?

Hanno

Hi Hanno,

Thanks for bringing this subject to the discussion. We will analyze this and see if it is viable. 

Gabriel Lundgren

mvp_badge
MVP

Thanks Gabriel

Hello Hanno,

Regarding changing the parameter to non mandatory, we are not considering it, because for new users that don't have a lot of experience, the fact that is mandatory helps them understand that they need to set the data source so the chart can show anything. 

As for the problems you are having with AdvancedFormat, can you please share an example so we can analyze and maybe fix/change the Chart component to solve your use case.

Meanwhile, we will look into our code to understand if there is any incompatibility in having an empty list with data points and passing data in the AdvancedFormat field.

Thank you, 

Gabriel Lundgren

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Gabriel

I'll compile a sample and send it to you for clarity.

I tried with an empty datapoints list and advanced format with data, but then the graph does not render at all.

Hanno

mvp_badge
MVP

Seems though if you use a dataset unrelated to the data used in advanced format, it works to a degree.

Styling still seems off though.

Anyway, I'll create a sample and send that through.