Views
Comments
Solved
combo box in table record with pre-populated value
Question

Hi,

I am trying to use combo box in a column of my table record. Let's say I have a column in the database called "Attitude", and there are three possible values "Friendly", "Hostile", and "Neutral". So What I want to have is that this row in the can be editable (it should be populated with the value from database, but the user should be able to change its value by selecting from the combo box). Since the table record gets its data from a list of structure called PersonStructList, I also want to make sure when selecting from combo box, the respective value in the list can be updated. So when I hit the submit button on the page the update can also be submitted.

Right now, I have a static entity with three records "Friendly", "Hostile", and "Neutral", but if I use this as the source record list, I will not be able to associate this combo box with PersonStructList. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks!

Yifan

Solution

Hi Yifan, 

See this post which I just answered.

It is explaining the difference between source list and variable in a combo box.

What you have to do, is use you static entity in your source list.

And your attribute you want to change from current element of PersonStructList as your variable.

Like this:

Let me know if it helped,

Cheers and Regards,

RR :)

Hi,

Please check the app. Hope this is what you want.

Thanks

DropdownApp.oap

Hi Yifan,

Try this sample application.

Hope it's help.

Regards,

Samiksha

DemoApplication.oml