Replacing an existing value in a table with value from a dropdown widget (combo box)

Hi OS community!

I'm still learning through experience on the OS Platform, and I wanted to ask for help. 

I created a simple form that saves data inputted in the corresponding fields by an anonymous user. After that, I created a page that can be accessed by a registered user. Its purpose is to finalize the anon user's details by resubmitting it. Although, in this 2nd screen one of the fields is a dropdown (from a textbox) which supposedly replaces/creates the same attribute. I can't seem to replace the previous value via the combo box. Can anyone share a solution? Anything will be much appreciated.

Best,

Rafa 

P.S.

Photo 1: Encircled field was previously an input widget (text).

Photo 2: Highlighted attribute is what I aim to replace with 2nd "submission".

Hi! 

The field do not change after saving it?

you should look at the video's in this course 

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/courses/114/developing-web-apps-outsystems-11/?LearningPathId=2

Hi Rafael,

Can you share snap shot of action which you used 2nd time while updating the records and the property of combo box for "Referral Code".

Regards,

Vipasha

Vipasha Sharma wrote:

Hi Rafael,

Can you share snap shot of action which you used 2nd time while updating the records and the property of combo box for "Referral Code".

Regards,

Vipasha

Hi Vipasha,

Here you go. :)

Hello Rafael,

In the dropdown property, Change "Options Value" as User.id, an identifier.

Solution

Rafael Guevara wrote:

Vipasha Sharma wrote:

Hi Rafael,

Regards,

Vipasha

Hi Vipasha,

Here you go. :)

Hi Rafael,

I guess you want to save Referal_Code as text, In that case you need to change Variable to same as Option value i.e. Users.Name :

If you want to save Users.Id then select Users.Id in Variable. Then it will work properly.

Explanation: Variable is used to hold the value which you have selected and Option value is the value which you want to save in table, both should be of same(type).

Let me know if it helps!

Thanks,

Sanjay

Solution

Hello everyone! Thank you for responding to my inquiry. With each of your comments, I think I was able to resolve the issue.

My goal was to be able to select a particular attribute (name) that corresponds to another attribute (referral code), which will the create or update data. First of all, I think my variable was that of the current list, and not a separate aggregate which contained the initially populated table with data. Second, Mr. Sanjay pointed out that indeed my variable and option value did not have the same type. Third, prior to the photo I posted of the combo box, my variable was a local variable. Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the initial data created came from the local variable, the next time around this variable was used, it no longer had content within it. 

By fixing those 3 issues, it seems that my problem has been resolved. I appreciate your help everyone. Thank you! :)

Regards,

Rafa

Rafael Guevara wrote:

Hello everyone! Thank you for responding to my inquiry. With each of your comments, I think I was able to resolve the issue.

My goal was to be able to select a particular attribute (name) that corresponds to another attribute (referral code), which will the create or update data. First of all, I think my variable was that of the current list, and not a separate aggregate which contained the initially populated table with data. Second, Mr. Sanjay pointed out that indeed my variable and option value did not have the same type. Third, prior to the photo I posted of the combo box, my variable was a local variable. Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the initial data created came from the local variable, the next time around this variable was used, it no longer had content within it. 

By fixing those 3 issues, it seems that my problem has been resolved. I appreciate your help everyone. Thank you! :)

Regards,

Rafa

You're welcome Rafael!