Views
Comments
How to make user login and validate password manually?

Hi All,

I want to ask, how to make logic action about user logic and validate password manually? because I don't want to use user module from outsystem. so, I need to make my own user table and logic action about user login and valdiate password. Can anyone help me ?

Thank you

Regards,

Riesta

Hi,

You can create this manually, like creating normal CRUD.

But if you use your own user, many function from Outsystems cannot be use, example : screen role validation.

Thanks

Toto wrote:

Hi,

You can create this manually, like creating normal CRUD.

But if you use your own user, many function from Outsystems cannot be use, example : screen role validation.

Thanks

Hi Toto,

Can you help me to give me an example about how to make it manually?

Thank You

Regards,

Riesta

Hi,

You can check the build app in 5 minutes in the help section of Outsystems Studio

The concept is the same

Hi ,

You can create one entity (users) and use custom login logic by users entity . Please check attached oml file.

I hope its helpful for you

https://rahuljain877.outsystemscloud.com/Login/CustomLogin?_ts=637387160552044039

Login.oml

Rahul Jain wrote:

Hi ,

You can create one entity (users) and use custom login logic by users entity . Please check attached oml file.

I hope its helpful for you

https://rahuljain877.outsystemscloud.com/Login/CustomLogin?_ts=637387160552044039

Hi Rahul,

Should we use encrypt password for the password and validate the password?

Thanks

Regards,

Riesta

Champion

Hi riesta kristianti tannia,

Yes you can encrypt password as well 

Please refer below snap shot :)

Hope this will help you :)

- AV

Thanks

Amit Verma wrote:

Hi riesta kristianti tannia,

Yes you can encrypt password as well 

Please refer below snap shot :)

Hope this will help you :)

- AV

Thanks

Hi Amit Verma, 

Looks like encryptPassword is from users module, right? so, if I want to make my own user module because I don't want to use users module from outsystem, I must make encryptPassword logic action manually, right?

Regards,

Riesta

Hi riesta,

There is any specific reason for making you change the authentication logic?

You should not create another one since OutSystems uses a lot of business logic based on Users module, like permissions on screen and etc.

If you want to create some custom functionality you can always clone the Users Module or try to extend it.

But you shouldn't create it from zero.

To clone Users module just open it from any other Module that uses it, and it will prompt you saying that you can't open it unless you clone it.

After opening, publish it and you will have a new User Provider Module in your environment.

Once this is done you can use this new Module as an User Provider of others modules, you just have to configure it in Module properties.

Like this:

Hope it helps!

Cheers and Regards,

RR :)