Views
Comments
Solved
New Excel File bootstrap
Question

Version: Outsystems 10 on Prem

I have a simple bootstrap process that takes an excel file and ingests into a table.

The issue I have is when I place an updated file to run the process again. 

When it runs it takes the old File that no longer exists in the directory. 

How can I tell outsystems to "ALWAYS" use the latest file that is in the directory ?

Solution

Hi Slavash, 

If you are using the action build by the option "Advanced > Create Action to bootstrap data from EXCEL" remember that it verifies  if the entity has records., and when there are records, it does nothing, keeping the old records.

Regards

Graça

Maria da Graça Peixoto wrote:

Hi Slavash, 

If you are using the action build by the option "Advanced > Create Action to bootstrap data from EXCEL" remember that it verifies  if the entity has records., and when there are records, it does nothing, keeping the old records.

Regards

Graça

Ah OK, 

So if I were to have the entity data get deleted when its done then the next bootstrap will grab the data from the new file ?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Siavash,

Set the file with unique FileName i.e. by keeping the FileName as FileName + CurrDateTime() and define a logic in the Data Bootstrap action to fetch the latest file from the respective directory.

If possible could you please share some implementation screen clips?

Is it that the referred file is added at the design time i.e. in the Resource directory (in the Data tab)?

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Solution

Hi Slavash, 

Regards

Graça

Hi Slavash, 

Regards

Graça

Ah OK, 

So if I were to have the entity data get deleted when its done then the next bootstrap will grab the data from the new file ?

If the old file is no longer there and the new one has the same name and structure.

If the old file is no longer there and the new one has the same name and structure.

Perfect 

Thank you for your help!!!