Feedback

I attended a conference this last weekend for .net.  One of the sessions was a demo for Microsofts new Lightswitch tool for Visual Studio.  As the presenter was going through the slides, I could tell a lot of the functionality compared to .net.  The differences were HUGE. 
  1. The presenter did not finish with a simple Author-Book application in the hour time frame.   The only "pages" that we were created were the "Edit" screens.
  2. The product is still in Beta so we weren't able to run the application to test adding books to the author.  There were still bugs working with the database itself. 
  3. Data attributes included "Int32", "Int64", etc.  Not sure if the user would actually understand this.
  4. The "end user" can create custom buttons, however, they are taken to the VIsual Basic Code Editor.  Can you imagine a user writing straigt C# code? 
  5. Microsoft is attempting to use Silverlight to render the components, however, the reason it is still in beta is because they are still working on silverlight.
Thanks for creating a great product!
I've read a lot about Lightswitch, seen demos, etc. It's a toy. Agile Platform is a tool. A toy is what I give to my 3 year old to occupy him on a car trip. A tool is what I use to make money. 'Nuff said. :)

J.Ja
Hi Rebecca and Justin,

Thank you a lot for your compliments.

Knowing that what we do matters to you all, and that it makes your life easier and better is what motivates to keep on delivering products like the Agile Platform - without great users, we'd be "just another tech product".

So thank you, and keep making this a great community to belong to!

Paulo Tavares

Paulo -

Something I forgot to mention, earlier this month at my local .NET developer's group, I gave a presentation (around an hour) on Agile Platform. Before me, someone gave a 15 minute presentation on Lightswitch. In the 15 minute presentation, everything meaningful about Lightswitch had been said, and no one had questions. After my hour, I still had a lot more to say about Agile Platform, and people were extremely impressed and had a ton of questions, despite it being a small audience (we had a problem sending out the invitations to the meeting). The fact that a 15 minute presentation covers Lightswitch says a lot. The only big advantage I see in it, is being able to make Silverlight apps gives you an offline option and the ability to port it to a Windows Phone 7 device, should they become a market success.

J.Ja