Views
Comments
Solved
Reactive Dropdown Search CSS
Question

I am using 3 dropdown search controls in a web block in a Reactive app. The dropdown values list is getting cut off from the surrounding elements, including the web block itself. Does anyone have a fix for this?

(see attached screenshot) 

Thanks!

dropdownsearchcss.jpg

Solution

Hi Michael ,

If you are using list  so u can use this Css

.list.list-group {

overflow: visible !important;

it would be work for you.

Thanks,

Diksha Magre

Hi Michael,

Usually, this kind of issues can be corrected with CSS property z-index.

The z-index property specifies the stack order of an element.

An element with greater stack order is always in front of an element with a lower stack order.

Note: z-index only works on positioned elements (position: absolute, position: relative, position: fixed, or position: sticky).

So on your case, I would try to put for instance z-index: 999 on the options to guarantee it comes on top or a negative z-index on the content which is getting in front.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

João

Thank you Joao. I neglected to mention that I tried that already. I overrode the class with this:

z-index: 99999 !important;

This didn't work. I also did as you suggested and set the surrounding containers to a negative z-index. But still the same issue. 

I ended up putting back the regular dropdown for now. 

Hi Michael, 

you might check the css overflow property as well. it can expand the dropdown behind or on top of other elements. https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_pos_overflow.asp

Regards Hans 

Solution

Hi Michael ,

If you are using list  so u can use this Css

.list.list-group {

it would be work for you.

Thanks,

Diksha Magre

Champion

Michael Furnari wrote:

I am using 3 dropdown search controls in a web block in a Reactive app. The dropdown values list is getting cut off from the surrounding elements, including the web block itself. Does anyone have a fix for this?

(see attached screenshot) 

Thanks!

Hi Michael Furnari,

Please refer below snap shot :

Use AdvanceFormat property of DropDownSearch Widget

"{
    ""position"": ""bottom"",
    fuseOptions: {
          threshold: 0.2,
          matchAllTokens: true,
          tokenize: true        
    }
}"

https://amit-verma331.outsystemscloud.com/DropdownSearch/TestScreen?_ts=637389657171124109

Hope this will help you :)

- AV

Thanks

Thanks Everyone. The overflow property and specifically Diksha's css worked for me. 

.list.list-group {

Thank you!