Views
Comments
Version already exists when tagging
Question

Hi guys,

I've had this similar situation happen a few times before. 

When I try to tag a version in Lifetime, it says that the version needs to be a greater number. So I increase the version number and click "TAG VERSION". Here's the weird part, the button sometimes seems to not respond to the click. After a while, I would try clicking "TAG VERSION" again and then the error would appear that says the version number I just entered already exists. It shows the error messages below. 

Am I doing something wrong?

The version '0.52.1' of application '[my app]' already exists. Insert a new version. The mobile version '1.36' for 'iOS' of application '[my app]' already exists. Insert a new version. The mobile version '1.36' for 'Android' of application '[my app]' already exists. Insert a new version.

Hi Quentin P,

Give it a try with increment of more version .For Eg:-  try with 1.45 or even try with 1.95 like that. Let me know if that is fixed!

Regards,

Chockalingam Saravanan

Hi Chockalingam Saravanan,

I actually have tried that before and I get the unresponsive button situation I mentioned in the first post. When I click again it tells me the number I entered already exists. 

Secondly, I'm not sure I should be inflating the version number in this way and I would prefer if there was a solution that did not involve trial-and-error.