Comments
Solved
[Data Grid Web] [DataGrid] Losing selected lines on right click
Question
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Published on 18 Nov 2020

Previous version of DataGrid:

Current version of DataGrid:

With the implementation of the new version of the DataGrid, we are experiencing the behavior that the right mouse click will erase the current selection if the selection contains multiple (not sequential) lines. So, if I select rows 1,2,3,4,5 and click the right mouse button, the selection stays as it was. But, if I select row 1,3,5 and then click the right mouse button (on row 5), rows 1 and 3 are deselected. In the previous version of the DataGrid, the selection would remain 1,3 and 5. Can this be fixed?

Staff
Solution

Hello Sven Persijn,

Unfortunately, DataGrid component is not supporting the SelectionMode ListBox. Although in previous versions the behaviour that described was working, our development didn't have that in mind. We are only supporting the CellRange selectionMode. Our decision for this is based on having the same behaviour as Wijmo's grid and Google Sheets.

Is this selectionMode a mandatory requirement for your users? We are asking because the latest Wijmo version with selectionMode ListBox (you can check here) doesn't support the way you described.

I also noticed that you are using a customized context menu containing a custom Copy method, was it because of the ListBox selectionMode that you are currently using? 

Thank you,

Tiago Pereira 

Staff

Hello Sven Persijn,

Thanks for bringing this subject to the discussion.

Could you please send us an animated GIF so that we can analyze what you are experiencing? I wasn't able to replicate your problem.

Thank you,

Tiago Pereira

Hallo Tiago,

Does the attached gif explain the problem? So, select 3 lines, and then right click on the last line.

Thanks in advance,

Sven

Hello Tiago,

We didn't change the selectionmode.

It is actually set to ListBox 'manually'. Also checked against the previous version, and there the selectionMode has the same value (5 and 'ListBox').

With regards,

Sven

Hello Tiago,
Thanks for the reply. There are all kinds of custom made pieces built in for the customer, most of it before I took over the development of this app... We're trying to find out if the ListBox method is really needed, but knowing the customer, this very well could be the case.

I've suggested to use the MultiRange method, which still works. If the customer chooses to decline this proposal, we probably have to go back to an older version of the datagrid. Thanks for the help so far!

Regards,

Sven