Views
Comments
Issue in textarea error message
Question

I am using Outsystems 11.8.7. I am facing error message issue in textarea.

textarea.png

Kavita wrote:

I am using Outsystems 11.8.7. I am facing error message issue in textarea.

Hi Kavita the entity attribute that bound to this textarea is mandatory i think that is why it showing Required field. You can set Mandatory attribute of that field to False to get rid of that Required field.

cheers...

Hi Kavita,

I have also got the issue in past (showing required field!! message appropriately) it resolved by adding margin-bottom in the container where field label and input text is there

hope it will help you as well

Regards,

Krushna

Hi kavita,

This is due to textarea is mandatory in your entity attribute. If you don't want validations then you can make validation property of button = none.

Or you can make entity attribute of description not mandatory.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Samiksha

Hi Kavita,

Please enclose the textarea control inside the container and provide the CSS as below.

.DescriptionDiv span
{
display: block;
}

hope this helps you

Thanks,

Diksha

Hi 

Diksha Magre

I have create  custom css and applied Its working.  But its outsystems issue

Hi Kavita,

In addition to the screenshot, could you provide following details,

1)  If issue is overlapping of validation message, then check the page interface and see if there is additional bottom margin on Alternate Phone text field. If so, remove bottom margin and also wrap each field in container and add top margin.

2) If issue is validation on text area, then change mandatory property to False.

Regards,

Sagar 

Hi Kavita,

This is an issue with outsystems, you can log a support case and add this in Idea.