Views
Comments
Solved
Import dependency from different application 

hi 

I have created a reactive application which has theme css and styles defined. I want to import this theme to a traditional application.

Is it possible in outsystems ? 

Sorry if its a silly question ,am pretty new to outsystems

Solution

If you click CommonTheme on your step 2 you'll see this very telling warning: 

This way just won't work. My feeling is that Traditional and Reactive (as well as mobile) have very different styles and widgets and they'd conflict, as such Outsystems doesn't let you use one type of theme in another. 

There probably is a way or another to do this but I wouldn't recommend it. Are the changes to your theme so profound you can't replicate it manually on the other application's theme? I know it's a hassle and changing one won't change the other but in this case they're two very different platforms. 

You should have the Theme in a separate application so both you can consume it from both places. Check documentation on application architecture and how to layer yours correctly.

Cheers!

Hi sreejith narayanankutty ,

See this post.

Maybe help you.

Regards.

What do you have selected as your theme in your root module? 

Bear in mind traditional themes might not use the exact same class names as reactive themes. If you inspect with browser dev tools, do you find the .css being imported?

Any update on this ?? :(

Solution

If you click CommonTheme on your step 2 you'll see this very telling warning: 

This way just won't work. My feeling is that Traditional and Reactive (as well as mobile) have very different styles and widgets and they'd conflict, as such Outsystems doesn't let you use one type of theme in another. 

There probably is a way or another to do this but I wouldn't recommend it. Are the changes to your theme so profound you can't replicate it manually on the other application's theme? I know it's a hassle and changing one won't change the other but in this case they're two very different platforms. 

Thanks for the reply Mariano Pico. I could see that the same reactive was available for mobile application ,but not for traditional though. Bit strange for me to accept since its just CSS that am trying to use.

Thanks a lot :) cheers