Views
Comments
Solved
How to show/hide icon regarding Role - OS Reactive
Question

Hi all,

I´m using OS11 and the new to the reactive framework.

I've made a simple app where there´s a users page that contains a user table and i want to check if a user of the table has or not a role.

I have already tried with the Web method, due to the fact that i´m used to work with it but found out that the logic doesn´t work in the same way, I already saw  and try the javaScript:

$parameters.IsManager = $public.Security.checkIfCurrentUserHasRole($roles.MyAppManager); 

but it´s not what i need.
I am venturing on the reactive side so if anybody can help I appreciate it

Thank you!

Solution

Hi Diogo,

Now I understand your question.

Since you are fetching the user data from a server side query to bind to the list, you can also fetch if the user has the MuAppManagerRole on that list.

You would just have to (left) join with User_Effective_Role table that has the roles that each user has.

Then you can use that field on the if (on my example HasAppManagerRole field):

Just be careful and make it a left join (With or Without) to still get the users that don't have the role.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

João 

Hi Diogo,

What do you mean by reactive side?

There the built-in server side function with Check<Role>Role(UserId) - CheckMuAppManagerRole() - in your case -  and the client side way using Javascript as you mentioned to be called on the OnReady.

Those are the only two ways.

Cheers,

João

Solution

Hi Diogo,

Now I understand your question.

Since you are fetching the user data from a server side query to bind to the list, you can also fetch if the user has the MuAppManagerRole on that list.

You would just have to (left) join with User_Effective_Role table that has the roles that each user has.

Then you can use that field on the if (on my example HasAppManagerRole field):

Just be careful and make it a left join (With or Without) to still get the users that don't have the role.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

João 

Thanks Joao is now working :D