Getting IntelliWarp working with pre-5.1 eSpace?

Getting IntelliWarp working with pre-5.1 eSpace?

I have an eSpace that I started working on ages ago. I want to use IntelliWarp in it, but it looks like I need a project started from scratch in 5.1 to do that. Is there any way to get it working? I love IntelliWarp and I'd like very much to use it in this project!

Thanks!

J.Ja
Well, if the eSpace is based on the StyleGuide from 4.2 or 5.0, it's everything is supposed to work except for the creation of menus. In that case IntelliWarp will leave a reminder comment on the Entity Diagram stating what needs to be changed in the Menu.
In principle, if you have blocks named Header and Footer, and static entities named MENU_ITEM and MENU_SUB_ITEM, it should work.
If you want, post here the eSpace and state what is the screen you are trying to create with IntelliWarp and we can take a look at it.

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
Gustavo -

Unfortunately, it was created from scratch without the StyleGuide in the beginning. :(

Is there a way to merge it, or a few entities I can tack on to make it work? If it is more than an hour's worth of work, I don't think it will be worth it for me since all of the major data screens are done anyways.

Thanks!

J.Ja
1. Create an empty e-space with 5.1 and save the oml file.
2. Perform a merge to add the components needed from this default espace (MENU_ITEM, SUB_MENU_ITEM, Common flow, Configuration Bootstrap, Images, Site Properties, Reference to RichWidgets).  You will need to rename your default flow to "MainFlow"
3. If you want the intelliwarp to create the menu items for you, you may need to create a dummy "MainFlow" flow and then "add" your entities to this flow so that Intelliwarp will build your menu for you.  Once you have your menu items created, you can delete this flow and rename your default flow.
Thanks! I will give that a try and let you know how it goes!

J.Ja
Rebecca -

That seems to have done it, thanks! It's funny, looking through the stuff that got imported, I had either made my own versions of things a while back, or I had no use for them. But IntelliWarp seems to work now, so there are a few places where I'm going back in and replacing a few of the tables I hand-rolled with IntelliWarp, just to get things like the sorting without working hard.

Thanks again!

J.Ja