Views
Comments
Solved
how to set Sheet Name while downloading excel file
Question

Hi All,

I Want to replace sheet name from "sheet1" to customize name while downloading excel file.

Regards,

Ganesh kumar.C

Solution

Hi Kumar,

You can achieve your goal using the component that other members of this community already shared with you.

However, my experience is using Excel_Package from Forge ( https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/1044/excel-package ). 

This component brings a set of useful actions that when combined allow you to achieve what you are looking for.

After your RecordListToExcel1 and before the download ending node, you need to place the following step of actions found inside the component. You can find them, after installing the component, by managing dependencies.

1. Workbook_Open_BinaryData 

2.  Worksheet_SelectByIndex

3.Worksheet_Rename

4.Workbook_GetBinaryData

5.Download

As you see, implementing those steps is one way for you to achieve your goal. 

Best regards,

João Delgado

Hi Ganesh,

If you're looking for more advanced options for exporting excel, such as this one, you might want to consider using Advanced Excel component.

They have documentation and a demo which should make it easy to understand how to use to develop your use case.

Cheers,

João

Thanks your response shared forge component is not able to correlate with my requirement.

i want to get the data from aggregate after get the list i need to changes the Sheet name from "sheet1" to customize sheet name before download.

But shared forge component  unable to perform could you share sample oml file.

Regards,

Ganesh kumar.C 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Ganesh,

As already mentioned by João as solution statement, you can easily achieve the required use case by using the Advanced Excel Forge Component 

see this sample app

Refer the attached .oml file

Hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Ganesh,

Just a little tip:
You can still use the RecordListToExcel widget and pass the Excel object as parameter to the Advanced Excel functions that João is referring to. You don't have to manually build up the complete Excel binary.

Regards,
Lennart

Solution

Hi Kumar,

You can achieve your goal using the component that other members of this community already shared with you.

However, my experience is using Excel_Package from Forge ( https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/1044/excel-package ). 

This component brings a set of useful actions that when combined allow you to achieve what you are looking for.

After your RecordListToExcel1 and before the download ending node, you need to place the following step of actions found inside the component. You can find them, after installing the component, by managing dependencies.

1. Workbook_Open_BinaryData 

2.  Worksheet_SelectByIndex

3.Worksheet_Rename

4.Workbook_GetBinaryData

5.Download

As you see, implementing those steps is one way for you to achieve your goal. 

Best regards,

João Delgado