Views
Comments
Solved
SSO login using IDP when application on sub domain

Hi,

I have integrated SSO login in traditional web application using IdP component. Now problem is that my Idp component is installed on main domain but my application runs on subdomain. In this case SSO login is not working.

Suppose Idp component URL :  www.abc.com

My application URL : backoffice.abc.com

Please suggest how to handle this scenario using IdP.

Regards

Solution

Hi Vikas,

Have you tried changing the application the URL configured in the IDP Configuration: 

I think such a change will imply that you export a new SP metadata xml for your provider.

You can access the IDP configuration application via https://<yourdomain>/IDP.

As a note for the future, when creating a ticket for a component, you better do it in the support section of the component so their creators are notified and can assist you faster.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
João Marques

Hi Joao,

Thanks for update. I tried with one demo application which URL is same on which Idp is configured. Its working fine. Only issue is when both application and Idp are not on same domain. 

Noted with thanks for component support section.

Regards.

Hi Vikas,

Yes, they have to be on the same domain. That's why I mentioned you need to update on the configuration the new domain and then export a new SP metadata xml for your provider to import it on his side so both parties have the same domain. Only then it will work.

Regards,
João

Hi Joao,

Got it. Actually I can open Idp using domain as well as sub domain. So it will not be issue to put the subdoman URL into the Idp configuration as you mentioned. 

But have one query, what will happen if have more than one subdomain. 

Regards.

That's a good question.

I never had that need but somebody already did in this post. Perhaps you can reply on it since it is a different thread than this one.

Cheers,
João

Hi Joao,

Thanks, you have solved my current problem. In above given post my question is in last but not answered by anyone.

Regards.