Comments
Solved
Master-detail on the same web screen
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.8.13 (Build 32892)

In my database I have 3 entities with a master detail relationship, A, B & C

I devote one screen to A and then link to a detail screen for B.  I could easily link to a third screen for C but I want to combine B & C on one screen (see below).

The linking and binding procedures is exactly the same (as it would be for three screen) but is won't work on the same screen (two screens).  The top table is entity B and the bottom form is entity C.  On the table B, there is a link to a screen action (see below).  I use a local variable to link the Sub-Category to the table form.  In the preparation there are two aggregates, one for B and one for C.  The filter on the form (C) entity links to the Id key on the form aggregate.

When I click on the first table, e.g., "Neck Extension" nothing displays on the form.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thank you

Leon

GotoSubCatDetail                                                                                               Preparation

Solution

Hi Leon,

In Traditional Web, forms need to be explicitly binded. That means, that on yout GotoSubCatDetail action, after the refresh query and before the AJAX refresh, you should add an assign <Your Form Name>.Record = output of the query.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
João

Thank you João.

I had this before but could not find our communication on it.

Problem solved!

Leon

You're welcome, Leon!

I'm glad I could help :)

Best regards,
João