Dynamic Page with Input
Question
Platform Version

I'm trying to develop an app for end of shift reports.  The admin will develop a template in a ReportTemplate table with A one to many relationship with a ReportItemTemplate. The template is used to load a temporary table with the prompts and the specific control required.  

I go through each row in the temporary table and show prompt for that row and a control to for a user to answer the 'question' ask by the prompt.  To do this, I see if a prompt is provided for that type of control (or a header or sub section header).  Controls  currently can be a check box, a textbox with one line, or a larger textbox (3 lines) that I call 'FreeText'.  Headers and Sub Headers are prompts without a control.  (see Screen Shot).

I'm currently trying to use a List Records to do this (it creates the attached screenshot) by using containers to only show a prompt and a control linked to an column in the TemporaryReportItems table.  The screen displays like I want it to, I can enter values in the controls, but I can't get the values in the controls back into the TemporaryReportItems table from the List Records.  

I try to use a loop in a save screen action by looping through the TemporaryReportItems table and adding the data from the List Records object, but when I try to set it up I get "'Cycle' path must return to the for each element.

Am I using the right tools to do this?  If so, how can I get the users answers into the TemporaryReportItems table from the List Records.

Thanks.

20201111154553ScreenShot.png

Hi,

It is related to your loop implementation

Can you share me the oml

Hope this help

Yes. Here it is. Thanks.

UHITShiftChangeReportForReview.oml

Hi,

The order is required for loop

Your implementation:

Should be:

Hope this help

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi James,

You can take a look at this post which reports the exact same problem you have and the respective solution.

OML in attachment with the solution applied.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
João

UHITShiftChangeReportForReview.oml

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.