Views
Comments
How to sort the columns of a list with structure datatype
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.9.0 (Build 33413)

Hi All,

Currently I have a table records showing the data using a local variable with structure list datatype and I found that the List_sortcolumn widget is not working although I have already assigned the entity and column name. Does that mean I need to use ListSort action or anything??

Champion

Hi J U N I O R,

Can you share with us your OML or some prints of your code to take a look?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

Hi Junior,

If you are using a structure I presume you are using Advanced SQL and in that case you will need an Order by parameter with Expanded Inline = True.

You then need to fill it with the default with something like this:

Where table records is the name of the Table Records input and the second parameter is your default order value, the SQL field you want to order in {Entity}.[Attribute] format like you would do on normal SQL.

The same type of values you use on the List_SortColumn widget:

I built a simple example OML for you in attachment.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
João

Test1.oml

Hi All,

My local list to have the sorting is a list with structure datatype that consists only structure attributes to hold those 'group by' elements from aggregates in preparation. How can I sort purely on the list only without using aggregate?

Hi,

You can use ListSort() action by dynamically passing the column names you have chosen and sort it according to Ascending and descending order using a boolean local variable 'IsAscending'.

Hope this helps, Thanks :)