Views
Comments
Solved
Configure SMTP details programmatically Service Center

Hi,

I have set SMTP details in Service center -> Administration -> Email. Now client want that is there any way by which we can change SMTP details programmatically in Service center. Like is there any API using that can update SMTP details or something like this. Kindly suggest.

Regards

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Vikas,

As far as I know the platform, there is no official API that you can use to set these values programmatically.

However you can access/change the data using the Parameter system table, filter the table on  "Parameter.name like "email.%" to see the settings there.

As you can see in the following OutSystems documentation, these parameters are operation settings.

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/Applying_Configurations_in_Service_Center

Notice in the abstract below the effectiveness of your programmatic change of the parameters.

Operation Settings

Operation settings are stored in the database. When you save changes to operation settings, those changes are effective immediately after clearing the cache for the setting (for example, the schedule of a timer).

Regards,

Daniel 

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Vikas,

Service Center only allows for a single SMTP configuration that applies to the entire environment. That means you could apply a different configuration for another environment.

There is no API that enables to dynamically set a SMTP configuration for the same environment. You would need to resolve to third party SMTP Client components for that. 

Same question was asked here.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Vikas,

As far as I know the platform, there is no official API that you can use to set these values programmatically.

However you can access/change the data using the Parameter system table, filter the table on  "Parameter.name like "email.%" to see the settings there.

As you can see in the following OutSystems documentation, these parameters are operation settings.

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/Applying_Configurations_in_Service_Center

Notice in the abstract below the effectiveness of your programmatic change of the parameters.

Operation Settings

Operation settings are stored in the database. When you save changes to operation settings, those changes are effective immediately after clearing the cache for the setting (for example, the schedule of a timer).

Regards,

Daniel 

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for update. Using Parameter table now I am able to change email configuration parameters programmatically. But as without apply settings to factory new changes don't get effective so its not useful.

Although in last reply you mentioned about Operation settings and if am not getting you wrong once clear the cache changes will be effective immediately. Could you please guide me how I can clear the cache for operation settings.

Regards.