Tabs_ClientSide_SetNextActiveTab doesn't work on OS 5.0?

Tabs_ClientSide_SetNextActiveTab doesn't work on OS 5.0?

Hi there mates.

I've recently upgraded my solution from version 4.2 to version 5.0. Among a several issues that i've already solved, there's one that still persist not to work.

I'm refering to Tabs_ClientSide_SetNextActiveTab that belongs to RichWidgets. I'm using it in a Edit Record that has several tabs. Everytime a record is edited, it is mandatory to fill a specific field that is located in the first tab. Actually if the user is in another tab (second or third tab) and press the SAVE button, in version 4.2 it automatically forward to first tab and show the error in the specific field (Input_FocusFirstInvalid, that works fine) but in version 5.0 it does nothing!! It is supposed to forward the user to the first tab in order to fill the mandatory field!

If the user itself go to the first tab after pressing the SAVE button, the message generated by Input_FocusFirstInvalid is there, so, the richwidget Tabs_ClientSide_SetNextActiveTab is not working.

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Pedro Domingues
Hi Pedro,

Indeed there have been some changes between the 4.2 and 5.0 version of RichWidgets. However, it is hard for us to determine what is broken in your case, and how to fix it.

I will suggest looking into our HOWTO Create Client-side Tabs, done by Daniel Lourenço, and seeing if it helps.

Also, if you are going to debug CSS and javascript code, I strongly encourage you to use the Firebug extension, from Firefox, and trying to debug it step by step.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for answering. I've checked the tutorial made by Daniel and it doesn't say anything about my problem.

I haven't changed anything from version 4.2 to 5.0 and now it doesn't work..

It's a little bit weird.. =\

Regards,
Pedro Domingues
Hi Pedro,

To explicitly focus a tab you must add the Tabs_ClientSide_SetNextActiveTab Action to the Preparation or the Screen Action.

The Input_FocusFirstInvalid Action will not make the tab with the invalid form visible. You must also explicity add the Tabs_ClientSide_SetNextActiveTab to the Action.

Hope this helps,

Rodrigo Castelo
Hi Rodrigo.

It is done exactly how you've described. It doesn't work at all!

Regards,
Pedro Domingues
I not found the Tabs_ClientSide_SetNextActiveTab, where is that? It is an Action? Needs a specific reference?