[FusionCharts] Discussion

[FusionCharts] Discussion

Forge Component
(15)
Published on 2011-03-07 by Tiago Simões
15 votes
Published on 2011-03-07 by Tiago Simões
Is there a way to make the 'Gantt Chart' available in the 4.2 version?

Kind regards,
Matthias Preuter
Hi Mathias,

That should not be hard to do, you can download the latest version of Service Studio, check the differences (it should be just the extra resource file) and apply them to the 4.2 version.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
If I wanted to include such a graph in an email how would I best go about that ?

Cheers,
Hans
Why do you say FusionCharts is free?

From what i saw in their website, you are not allowed to use it in production if you don't pay for it...
Hi Diogo,

That license information was outdated, thanks for pointing it out.
It is now possible to redistribute FusionCharts Free in commercial applications.
For more information check out http://www.fusioncharts.com/free/license/.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Thanks Miguel. This are great news :-)
Hello, i'm having a problem with using FusionCharts and Ajax Refresh.

I have a page with a table, where in each row of the table is a link to show the graph of the corresponding value. This graph appears in the same page, meaning that what i do is, when the link is pressed, generate the new XML for the graph and then do an Ajax Refresh on it.

However, whenever i try this, i get an error: " An exception occurred in the client script. Error: 'FusionCharts' is undefined "

I tried doing the same in a popup, and that way it did work, however, considering what i need, a popup is not a favorable solution for me.

Can anyone help?
Hi,

Can you sent a simple OML with that specific issue (1 screen or so ;)
It will help us determine more quickly the possible issue than by educated guessing.

Oh, and ofcourse which versions of SS/PS/Ricchwidgets are you using ofcourse.

Thanks!
Hi Joost, and thanks for the answer.

i anexed a simple example of what i'm trying. 

As for the versions, i have Version 5.1.1.17 of SS and Version 5.1.1.4 of Richwidgets.
Hi,

I got it working if you remove the if statement in the screen and either refresh the conatiner or the fustionchart-webblock itself.

the if-statement I understand why you want it there, but it's better (in this case) to render webblock and make them invisible than not to render it at all (which is the case in the if-statement)
there are alternatives for that.

- create a default graphxml (with valid xml, yet no data)
- hide the container with extended properties (style, display:none;) or something like that, so it does get rendered yet it;s invisible.

Thanks for the help, Joost, i got it to work by removing the if and placing the condition i was using in the "visible" atribute of the container, and then refreshing the container when needed.
which version of fusioncharts is this oml using?

if 3.2, is it easy to render the charts as html5/js  instead of that swf-stuff?

Hi Joost,

This component is using fusioncharts free.
You can use ChartingServicesCore (with 3.2) included in the Agile Platform 6.0 to create charts that will render correctly in devices without flash (e.g. iPhone, iPad).

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Tiago Simões wrote:
Hi Joost,

This component is using fusioncharts free.
You can use ChartingServicesCore (with 3.2) included in the Agile Platform 6.0 to create charts that will render correctly in devices without flash (e.g. iPhone, iPad).

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Hi Tiago, I'm running with 6.0, but I'm getting Flash charts out of it at the moment - how can I get it to render without Flash? Or does that happen automatically on devices that don't support Flash?
Hi Iain,

If you are using ChartingServicesCore it will render with javascript instead of flash if the browser is mobile safari (iPhone and iPad).

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Thanks Tiago. So does it do it based on the browser being mobile Safari, or does it have some other test? So, if another browser / OS doesn't support flash, will that also render with Javascript, or is this purely a fix for iOS?
Hi Iain,

I believe it is a mobile Safari test. You might be able to find more information about it in FusionCharts forums.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Hi Tiago Looking at the FusionCharts site, it looks like 'FusionCharts Free' only renders charts in Flash. You need 'FusionCharts XT' to provide the javascript/html5 rendering. Maybe I have read this wrong or Outsystems have licensed the package for use? Paul
Paul, I believe that only the flash charts are available with fusion charts.

But you can check out the High Chart Jquery component that is based on javascript.
Where can i get the javascript js for fusion charts?
http://www.fusioncharts.com ... they also have great examples on how to build the xml for the charts.  Keep in mind that this espace is getting replaced by the ChartingServices espace.  The plus side is that they are using the paid instead of the free version.
Rebecca, I'm not following you exactly. What do you ean with the espace will be replaced ...??? And where can we get the javascript charts ...??? Fusioncharts.com is a commercial site. Do you mean that we have to buy these javascript charts or download trail or is it already somewhere hidden in outsystems? Best regards, Eric

In previous versions of Outsystems they didn't have a "report generator" espace, except components that could be downloaded.  The FusionCharts espace was one of these.  In version 6 & 7 they added "ChartingServices" as a reporting tool for Outsystems.  This espace is built using the previous FusionCharts espace.  However, since it is now a system espace for Outsystems, you aren't able to make modifications like you were able to with FusionCharts.  We have a paid license for FusionCharts and have updated the FusionCharts espace to point to our paid license.  However, with the ChartingServices espace, you are only able to use the "Free" versions of the charts so many of the charts on the fusion charts website aren't available since it requires a license to use them.

Hi,

Just a little correction on Rebecca post: ChartingServicesCore eSpace (provided in SystemComponents) is based on the paid version.

Regards,
João Rosado
Joao, but if the system espace is based on the paid version of fusion charts it should be able to identify the os the user is using to access the graphs / charts and use javascript for iOS and flash for the others. However, up to now I have not been able to access graph I defined in an iOS device. How come ...??? Am I doing something wrong ...??? Or do I need to activate something or create separate graphs for both versions ...??? Hope you can help me out. Thanks.
good afternoon
I wonder how can I update my graphic instead of creating a duplicate, each time I update a table which boasts data for the graph

as it is possible to see in this application

thaks