Orchestration Layer No Longer Part of OS 11?

Hi guys,

I understand that the orchestration layer of the 4LC is no longer needed for OutSystems version 11 or newer. I'm curious to know why? Any ideas or documentation I can read on this?

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/Designing_the_Architecture_of_Your_OutSystems_Applications/The_Architecture_Canvas

Thanks,
Asha

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Asha,

That is a very good question which is answered in this video at 22:03.

Basically, the idea about the orchestration was to avoid lateral dependencies between screens (imagine when you have a portal that has links for backoffice and links for your order management system). Now screen references are a weak reference so you don't need that layer anymore because that's no longer an issue (in the example I gave, your portal would be in front-end layer (light blue) referencing (weak reference) to the Backoffice and OrderManagement screens (also in front-end layer).

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
João

Hey João,

Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense to me!!

I see that this video is regarding reactive apps, I just want to check, does the same apply to traditional web apps?

Thanks,
Asha

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Asha,

The video explains it very well, I am glad it helped.

Yes, it is the same for Traditional Web Apps, the point is really screen dependencies are now weak dependencies.

Regards,
João

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.