Views
Comments
Solved
Concatenate username image and email as one option in an input box.
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hello guys,

Hope you all are safe. Actually like in teams when we enter " @ " we get a suggestion something like this: 

So I'm trying to achieve this functionality. Is there any different component for this? I have tried using auto complete rich widget but it did not work. 

Regards,

Vaishnavi

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Vaishnavi,

I have tried to replicate the mentioned use-case using JS code and basic widgets like Input widget and List Widget.

I'm not sure whether the mentioned implementation is efficient and good solution but consider it as a work-around for your requirement, which you can definitely modify/furnish as per your need.

Covered Feature:

- Keyword starting with @ will trigger a suggestion section below the comment box

- Multiple keyword staring with @ will also showcase the suggestion option

- On suggestion option selection the respective value will populate/replace the @keyword in the comment box

see this Sample App: AutoSuggestionSolution

Hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

TWALabAutoSuggestionTask.oml

Hi,

You can try this

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/4217/autocompletelistwithimages

Hello,

I've downloaded it but when I publish this component the list is not coming as there is no data in it so still trying. Could you please send any other components mean while I'll try this one.

Regards,

Vaishnavi

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Vaishnavi,

I have tried to replicate the mentioned use-case using JS code and basic widgets like Input widget and List Widget.

I'm not sure whether the mentioned implementation is efficient and good solution but consider it as a work-around for your requirement, which you can definitely modify/furnish as per your need.

Covered Feature:

- Keyword starting with @ will trigger a suggestion section below the comment box

- Multiple keyword staring with @ will also showcase the suggestion option

- On suggestion option selection the respective value will populate/replace the @keyword in the comment box

see this Sample App: AutoSuggestionSolution

Hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

TWALabAutoSuggestionTask.oml