Views
Comments
Solved
REST API's working and all of the sudden it's not working anymore
Question
Application Type
Mobile

I had Rest API's  working in my app in a onpremise production environment and at some time it isn't working anymore, I see this error

Unable to connect to the remote server

eSpaceVer: Id=365, PubId=0, CompiledWith=11.9.1.20359
RequestUrl: https://outsystems.dummenorange.com/DummenOrangeOnTarget/screenservices/DummenOrangeOnTarget/MainFlow/Catalogue/DataActionCatalogue (Method: POST)
AppDomain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/DummenOrangeOnTarget-1-132507922939161558
FilePath: d:\OutSystems\Platform Server\running\DummenOrangeOnTarget.0974761073\
ClientIp: 86.94.230.27
Locale: en-US
DateFormat: yyyy-MM-dd
PID: 1012 ('w3wp', Started='11/25/2020 3:38:13 PM', Priv=366Mb, Virt=2106521Mb)
TID: 129
Thread Name:
.NET: 4.0.30319.42000

[1] Unable to connect to the remote server
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at ssDMSProIS.CcPrivatecatalogTestdummenorange.ActionGetVarietyListNew(HeContext heContext, ICcPrivatecatalogTestdummenorangeCallbacks _callbacks, String inParamlocale, String inParamregion, String inParamq, String inParamoffset, Int32 inParampage, Int32 inParampageNumber, Int32 inParampageSize, Int32 inParamsize, String inParamsort, String inParamfilter, STVarietyListAPIStrStructure& outParamResponse)

[2] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.100.15.121:443
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

How can I check the connection to 10.100.15.121:443 ? 

thanks in advance!

Solution

the Server 10.100.15.121:443  was blacklisted because of too many traffic!

We whitelisted it and problem is solved. 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

So these are the errors

[1] Unable to connect to the remote server 

[2] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.100.15.121:443

You need to check if our OutSystems on-premise platform can reach this IP address.

You can use a ping, or telnet and try to connect, you can also install and use netchecker.

But as you already know it doesn't work I think you need someone responsible for the OutSystems infrastructure and someone of the external systems, to figure out what has changed such that the connection can not be made anymore.

Regards,

Daniel

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Ineke,

This seems like a connection issue as clearly mentioned in the logs. You can test the rest API by postman or any other tool. Also does this api exposed from Outsystems or its non Outsystems?

You can also check if there is anything like firewall blocking the connection to the API end point.

Regards,

-PJ-

Solution

the Server 10.100.15.121:443  was blacklisted because of too many traffic!

We whitelisted it and problem is solved.