Comments
Solved
List Append  losing values
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.9.2 (Build 34232)

HI, I have appended one record to a list

but when I append the second record I have lost some of the values of the first record, any ideas?, the second record appearing at position[1]. Any ideas are most welcome? Jo

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Joanna,

Without a module to check it's impossible to see what you have done exactly that causes this behaviour, so please see if you can add one here.

That said, have you checked whether the values are really missing, like outputing them in a Table Records on the screen? Because the debugger is known to sometimes not show values if they're optimized away, i.e. when they are not used anywhere in the app.

Hi Joanna,

Could you please, share the snapshot of assignment in ListAppend, it will be more helpful to see exactly what the problem could be.

Thanks,

LK

Hi Joanna, 

if the suggestion above doesn't help you,

can you share your .OML to better understand what may be happening?

Regards.

Hi, I am using

I have kept things as simple as possible. The questionId is retained, as is the spendType for any records added. What is disappearing is the amount and AmountText. I have even hardcoded the the amount and AmountText in and they have been cleared. 

I did wonder if it had anything to do with  the amount being a currency or a decimal , hence I added AmountText to see if that would be retained but it did not. Also moved SpendType to above amount and that didn't make any difference

Hi Joanna,

I am attaching the sample .oml file as per your scenario.

Please do share your .oml file to check , incase if it doesn't work.

Hope this helps !!

Regards,

LK

SampleOML.oml

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Joanna,

Without a module to check it's impossible to see what you have done exactly that causes this behaviour, so please see if you can add one here.

That said, have you checked whether the values are really missing, like outputing them in a Table Records on the screen? Because the debugger is known to sometimes not show values if they're optimized away, i.e. when they are not used anywhere in the app.

THank you Killian. It is as you suspected - the debugger wasn't showing the values.

mvp_badge
MVP

Yeah, that's a tricky one, can catch you off guard. Glad it's just that and not a bug :).