Views
Comments
Solved
Convert excel to csv in client action
Question
Application Type
Reactive

I have input as an excel file. I want to convert it into csv for achieving better compression and fast uploading. On forge there are csv to excel components. Is there any library/component through which I can convert xlsx to csv in client action?

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Bhagyashree,

I have created a forge component called Excel Translator  for the mentioned use-case. The component refers/uses some JS library as mentioned by Tom Zhao. Hope this helps you with your requirement.

Feedbacks/correction/enhancement thoughts are very much welcome :)

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Bhagyashree,

You can take a look at CSV Util Extension component for your use case. It has some built in functions available through which you can obtain solution of your question.

Also there is one discussion available

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/46173/converting-xls-to-csv/

Hope it helps, Thanks :)

Please guide me how can I convert an excel to csv at client side?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Bhagyashree,

Client-side means you need to do it in JavaScript. I don't think there are Excel components for client-side handling. Why do you need it client-side?

Hi Bhagyashree, 

I totally agree with Kilian. Why do you need it client-side?

If you really want to do this on the client-side, It's beyond outsytems. You need to find some js library that can handle Excel.

Best Regards

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Bhagyashree,

I have created a forge component called Excel Translator  for the mentioned use-case. The component refers/uses some JS library as mentioned by Tom Zhao. Hope this helps you with your requirement.

Feedbacks/correction/enhancement thoughts are very much welcome :)

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam