Comments
Solved
[MSWordUtils] Indent table to left
Forge component by Stuart Harris
Published on 15 Oct 2020
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hi,

I am using a table below some text but the text in the table is not properly aligned with the text. Can you indent a table to the left so that the text is right below each other? If so, how to do that?

Kind regards,

Rik

Solution

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for you quick reply.

It's a dynamic table so your solution wasn't applicable. But you got me thinking and by adjusting the margins of the total template and indenting the text-parts of the template, I was able to fix it.

Kind regards,

Rik

Champion

Hi Rik,

By default MSWord has left and right margins in tables.  Unfortunately, there is no way, when inserting a table with the library to adjust this setting.

However, if it is possible for you to open an existing document as a template and use bookmark or text replacement to insert your content, you could modify the settings of the table in the template.  This doesn't suit when the content is very dynamic, but I hope it helps in your scenario.

To adjust the table margins in the MSWord template,

Select the table, right-click and select Table Properties...

On the Table tab, select Options...

In the Default cell margins set Left and Right to zero

Then the table text will align with text outside the table

Solution

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for you quick reply.

It's a dynamic table so your solution wasn't applicable. But you got me thinking and by adjusting the margins of the total template and indenting the text-parts of the template, I was able to fix it.

Kind regards,

Rik

Champion

Hi Rik,

It is good to hear you managed to fix the problem. Well done!

Kind regards,

Stuart