Cannot reach network file using Network File Systems

Cannot reach network file using Network File Systems

Hi mates,

I'm using the Network File System Extension in order to get the binary data of a file that is located on a network folder. To do that, i'm using the File_ReadBinary action.

The problem is that i cannot get the binary data because it returns the following message:

"Win32Error: 5
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '\\10.123.7.19\Tabelas Input\ABM.xlsx' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at OutSystems.NssNetworkFileSystem.CssNetworkFileSystem.MssFile_ReadBinary(String ssPath, Byte[]& ssContent, String ssDomain, String ssUsername, String ssPassword, String& ssError_message)"

The input fields are filled correctly.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Pedro Domingues
Hi Pedro,

Well, if the error is the System Unauthorized Exception, the it probably means that the process does not have permissions to access the files at the path you're supplying.

One way to try to see if that is indeed the problem, is for you to give permissions to the ASP.Net user to read from that folder. See this thread, it might shed some light:

http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForums/ViewTopic.aspx?Topic=How-to:-Setting-up-Application's-access-to-file-systems

Let us know if this solves your problem.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I've solved the problem by creating a user with the same credentials.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Pedro Domingues