Views
Comments
Solved
Login invalid message doesnt appear, only appears after login

I have a layout espace where I have a Login Web Screen in this web screen I dont have any variable, preparation, screen action. The only thing inside the login web screen is a web block "Login_WB".

In the Login_WB I have the input paramater OriginalURL, the local variables Password, UseName and RememberLogin, the preparation and the Login screen action. 

Also I cannot access the server action User_Login because it shows "you are not allowed to download this module".

When the user enters invalid credentials it doesnt show any feedback message. But then if the user logins correctly the invalid credentials message appears. Do you know what can be the issue?

Thanks!

Solution

Hi Jake B.,

I think what you are reporting is the same thing it was reported in this post which has been solved.

Can you check if that solution works for you?

Kind regards,
João

Thanks, but Im not understandign. In my layout espace in the OuttsytemsUIWeb reference I have the web blocks LayoutWidgets and LayoutLogin there.

In the debug if is entered invalid credentials the flow goes to the AllExceptions and it shows "AllExceptions.ExceptionMessage "Invalid username or password", ExceptionMessage "Invalid username or password." but the message doesnt appears only appears after the user logins correctly.

Hi Jake,

On your block Login_WB, you probably removed the layout beneath it (which has the reference for Feedback Message you need to avoid this error). You should have one of the layout blocks from OutSystemsUI:

Here in my example, you can see in the WidgetTree, I have a LayoutLogin.

Kind regards,
João

Hi Jake,

No. Just place this webblock LayoutWidgets from OutSystemsUI on your Login_WB.

It will make sure you have the feedback messages right.

Regards,
João

Hi Jake, can you send the pics of the flow or the oml?

looks like something is working on opposite way

Solution

Hi Jake B.,

I think what you are reporting is the same thing it was reported in this post which has been solved.

Can you check if that solution works for you?

Kind regards,
João

Thanks, but Im not understandign. In my layout espace in the OuttsytemsUIWeb reference I have the web blocks LayoutWidgets and LayoutLogin there.

In the debug if is entered invalid credentials the flow goes to the AllExceptions and it shows "AllExceptions.ExceptionMessage "Invalid username or password", ExceptionMessage "Invalid username or password." but the message doesnt appears only appears after the user logins correctly.

Hi Jake,

On your block Login_WB, you probably removed the layout beneath it (which has the reference for Feedback Message you need to avoid this error). You should have one of the layout blocks from OutSystemsUI:

Here in my example, you can see in the WidgetTree, I have a LayoutLogin.

Kind regards,
João

Hi Jake,

No. Just place this webblock LayoutWidgets from OutSystemsUI on your Login_WB.

It will make sure you have the feedback messages right.

Regards,
João