Comments
AD LDAP INTEGRATION FOR APPLICATION END USER
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.10.1 (Build 35288)
Platform Version
11.10.1 (Build 23852)

I am trying to integrate on Premises LDAP for Application end users. I am using USE AD CREDENTIAL to integrate.

1. LDAP URL = ldap://123.456.67.222:389/CN=Users,DC=abc,DC=ad where ip 123.456.67.222 is system IP which is not domain controller but having AD LDS instance.
  2. Port is default and i have checked with local system and all user showing in ADSI EDIT TOOL.
  3. I am trying to get search user in CN=Users,DC=abc,DC=ad DN path.
  4. Default Domain is the same abc.ad i am using which is my domain name.
  5. I am using user credential which is under above given DN path (CN=Users,DC=abc,DC=ad) to test the configuration.
  6. I am not sure whether user credentials are for to bind LDAP or for which user i want to look for .? (One of my question)

While testing i am getting below error which i m not able to get it any suggestion will helpful.

• A referal was returned from server in validating credentials and also in syncro.

I will be thankful in advance.

Staff

Hi Viral,

A referral is sent by an AD server when it doesn't have the information requested itself, but know that another server have the info. It usually appears in trust environment where a DC (domain controller) can refer to a DC in trusted domain.

Do you get the same error while using AD explorer tool (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/adexplorer)?

In the username, you should use the one to authenticate in order to query the LDAP. You can also specify the username using the path like:

Username: uid=euler,dc=example,dc=com

How it helps you.

Could you please let us know the outcome? 

Hi Deniel,

I appreciate your efforts to make reply.

I have short it out bit and now i am able to validate my user through my LDAP URL but not able to sync LDAP.

ERROR is like ; 

Synchronizing with LDAP 

Please check if your LDAP URL has all the relevant LDIF fields. 

Unknown error (0x80005000) 

My question what are the  LDIF field required to sync MICROSOFT ACTIVE DIRECTORY LIGHTWEIGHT DIRECTORY SERVICES.

Regards,

Viral JOshi