Comments
Solved
Controlling the timer from the application
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.10.0 (Build 34712)

Hi All,

I am planning to create an application that can control and serialize a group of timers to run in a particular sequence. Apart from the wake function is there any way to run a timer or scheduling the timer next run time??

Thanks 

Solution

Hi Pranav,

Try to update the next run field of Cyclic_Job entity with respect to timer name

hope that will help you

Cheers,

Hi !

Adding to what Krushana already said, in order for you to make sure that you know what exacly to do and how to find the needed tables please a take a look into this documentation: Timers 

You will find all you need related with platform timers and asynchronous processes.

Thank you , Krushana Mantri and Romero, for your suggestion, really helpful. I will try your suggestions and will update you soon.

Happy Coding :)

Krushana Mantri suggestion's worked for me. I added the logic to schedule the timer run to execute after 1 min in the function. 

Also thank you Romero for the link very useful, got some serious info for my design.

Thank you guys ??

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

There is a nice OutSystems component that can speed up development around timer development:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/3745/timerhandling

Regards,

Daniel