Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Hi everyone.

In my app, I'm getting the following error on my error log: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I've tracked down the place where it is happening and found that it's from a referenced action. That action is being used in another eSpace without problem.

I've tried republishing the producer eSpace, debugging both eSpaces that use the referenced action to try and track down the error source, but without success until now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Carlos Almeida
Hi Carlos,

Well, from the description, there's not much we can pinpoint in terms of workarounds, so here follows the usual list of suggestions:

- Is the error logged in an extension action (i.e. unmanaged code) or eSpace generated code? If it's an extension, it could be a bug in the extension code. Open it and try debugging it in runtime. After all, unless the same action is being executed in both eSpaces with exactly the same parameters, you cannot write off the fact that it could be a problem in that action.
- Are you running the latest release of your Agile Platform Server version? If not, upgrading could solve your problem.
- Do you have any warnings or broken reference errors in Service Center's eSpace list? If so, the error could be somehow related to those. Republish the relevant eSpaces until the error goes away.
- An alternative would be for you to create a solution version with all eSpaces, and publish the solution. That should fix all broken and reference warnings that you currently have, and if that would be the problem.

If all of these suggestions don't work, then it could well be some kind of bug in the Agile Platform. I would suggest contacting our support department with the exact error being logged in Service Center, so that they can try to troubleshoot it and provide you with a proper answer.

Out of curiosity, if you want to post the complete error details here, there might be something there which could better suggest an alternative way to handle it...

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Paulo Tavares