Views
Comments
Solved
About Modal or PopUp Editor
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hello guys,

What is the best way to close modal and if I want to implement a form inside a modal, should I choose Modal or Popup Editor?

buttoninsideform.PNG

Solution

Hello Felipe,

I prefer Modal because it is faster and more recent.

To close, use the ToggleModal action

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Patterns/Using_Traditional_Web_Patterns/Content/Modal

Solution

Hi Felipe,

On Traditional Web, you can use both.

Personally I would use the Modal from OutSystems UI which has more options (see image below) and I find it easier to use:

With the given options you can effortlessly create a sidebar or a toaster message, just adjusting position.

It is also more modern, for instance, in the popup, you have a loading more message that is visible for a second while that is not the case with a modal and it also does not have animations out of the box as the modal.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
João

Solution

Hi again Felipe,

Also, if you want to open / close a Modal, you may use ToggleModal action from OutSystemsUIWeb module:

You just need to pass the WidgetId parameter, which is the Id of your Modal. Please refer to this example:

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Solution

Hello Felipe,

Hope you're doing well.

If you want to choose between Modal and Popup Editor, you should choose Modal.

The Popup Editor widget is considered as deprecated, as you can see in here:

The Modal widget is from OutSystemsUIWeb module, which is the most recent library of UI widgets provided by OutSystems.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Solution

Hi Felipe,

On Traditional Web, you can use both.

Personally I would use the Modal from OutSystems UI which has more options (see image below) and I find it easier to use:

With the given options you can effortlessly create a sidebar or a toaster message, just adjusting position.

It is also more modern, for instance, in the popup, you have a loading more message that is visible for a second while that is not the case with a modal and it also does not have animations out of the box as the modal.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
João

Solution

Hello Felipe,

Hope you're doing well.

If you want to choose between Modal and Popup Editor, you should choose Modal.

The Popup Editor widget is considered as deprecated, as you can see in here:

The Modal widget is from OutSystemsUIWeb module, which is the most recent library of UI widgets provided by OutSystems.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Solution

Hello Felipe,

I prefer Modal because it is faster and more recent.

To close, use the ToggleModal action

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Patterns/Using_Traditional_Web_Patterns/Content/Modal

Solution

Hi again Felipe,

Also, if you want to open / close a Modal, you may use ToggleModal action from OutSystemsUIWeb module:

You just need to pass the WidgetId parameter, which is the Id of your Modal. Please refer to this example:

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Thanks guys for the help!!