Views
Comments
BPT - Is there another way to terminate or skip an activity inside of it?
Question

The objective will be to finish a human activity within the on ready of the activity. The only way I was able to implement this behavior was to wake up a timer that the only goal is to finish this same activity. 

Is there any other way to replicate this behavior?

Champion

Hi,

I don't know if I understand very well your use case, but did you already tried to use the "ActivityClose" from system?

Maybe you can get your activity quering the Activity table and close it:

hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

Yes, I tried, by the error logs it's not possible to close an activity inside of it. Because of that, the only approach that worked was to wake the timer and use that Action ActivityClose from system outside of the activity.

Hey Emanuel,

Do you need to do this programmatically?

If not you can try to do skip this activity in ServiceCenter.

Cheers and Regards,

RR :)

I remember to have explained how to do it in a previous post.

Check my answer here to see if this helps,

Cheers and Regards,

RR :)

Hi Emanuel,

If you need to end processes that are stuck, a possible solution is to use this component:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/9861/process-terminate

Hope this helps.

Regards.

I'm guessing that you are only trying to close the activity in certain cases, because otherwise it could just be an automatic activity.

In your case, could you not put the IF (I assume you have in the onReady) outside of the activity, in your process flow and only add the Human Activity in case you need it, and otherwise you skip it completely?

Hi All,

Ricardo Pereira: That won't work. We're trying to close or skip when the activity is "being created".

Tim Timperman: I'm assuming you're suggesting a decision before the activity witch will work but we are looking for a "nicer" approach in term of the "process design".

Thanks!

Champion

Hi,

So, basically you are saying that in some cases you just want to skip an human activity because you don't need it? 

I'm asking this because, if it's something that don't occurs every time in the flow, why do you want to generate that human activity when it isn't needed?

Don't get me wrong, just want to understand the full context here! :)

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

Thanks for reaching out :)

It makes sense what you're saying, but skip it's the exception.

Isn't this a "product limitation"? We can get the workaround that we want but in the end it should be up to the development team to decide.

Am I saying it wrong?

Champion

Hi,

I don't know your use case, but make sence for you to use the "Close On" property?

This is triggered with create or update from an entity. Is this helpfull?

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira