Views
Comments
Solved
How to populate the input with the clicked value to edit it? (Weblock)

I have a context where there are sections and a section can have multiple items.

A item can have rules. There is a Rules entity section. A Item can have many rules and a rule can be in multiple items so there is a many to many relationship between items and rules.

I have a popup "NewItemPopUp" for the user to create new items and also edit existing items that belong to a specific section.

In this popup the user can select a rule from the static entity "Rules", the rule can be A, B, C or D. And then have a add button for the user to add a new rule to the item inside the popup. The rules associated with the item appear at the bottom of the popup using a web block "ItemRulesWB".

In this web block is possible to remove rules, there is a icon with a link for a delete action. 

Issue: I would also like to have a edit icon with a link to edit. My doubt is how to click in that edit link and populate the form with the rule clicked to change it?

I have a OML with the issue , the flow is in the TestSscreen. To test probably you need to create first a template then when you click in a template in the table records you can create new sections. Then is possible to create items inside a section and then the issue is in the NewItemPopUp and in the ItemRulesWB.

Thanks!

EditRule.oml

Solution

Hello Jake,

Hope you're doing well.

Following up on Grace's suggestion, I made a couple changes in your OML file.

Not only I added an Event in ItemRulesWB block and an Handler in NewItemPopUp screen to retrieve the ItemRuleId that you pretend to edit, but I also changed your logic a bit to control if the application should add or edit a new ItemRule. You can verify these changes in your AddRule and Handler_Edit screen actions.

Can you verify if this is what you are looking for? :)

Please refer to attached OML file.

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

EditRulepopupv1.oml

You may use an event in the webblock that could pass the rule back to the parent screen. Then on the parent screen, you would just need a handler for the event that would set the rule in the form.

The ItemRules entity can have more fields like Order for example, Updated OML:

EditRulepopup.oml

Solution

Hello Jake,

Hope you're doing well.

Following up on Grace's suggestion, I made a couple changes in your OML file.

Not only I added an Event in ItemRulesWB block and an Handler in NewItemPopUp screen to retrieve the ItemRuleId that you pretend to edit, but I also changed your logic a bit to control if the application should add or edit a new ItemRule. You can verify these changes in your AddRule and Handler_Edit screen actions.

Can you verify if this is what you are looking for? :)

Please refer to attached OML file.

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

EditRulepopupv1.oml