Views
Comments
Solved
How do I update a Date Time Attribute automatically?
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hey. Basically, I am developing an app to follow my tasks and their status(done, to do,  done, etc).

Everytime I create a new one, it saves the current date and time but I want that time and date to change every time I update my task. Can you help me?

If you want and need my data base, I can send you. Thanks.

SemTtulo.jpg

Solution

Hi Gonçalo,

Before you call the CreateOrUpdateTask or UpdateTask CRUD action, make sure you assign the CurrDateTime() to the field Data, something like this:

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,
João

Hey! This really solved my problem!

I have one more question for you, if you can help me. Can I make somethnig like a record? Like (At 9 AM you changed this, At 10 AM that)

Hi Gonçalo,

I'm glad I could help!

In order to keep track of every single change, you will have to have a table that saves the logs, something like {TaskLog} entity to have a record for every change in a task. This entity should have its own id + TaskId + the same attributes as Task + CreatedOn (when the record was changed) + CreatedBy (of type User Identifier, who changed the record).

And then you should implement the logic that whenever you create or update a Task, you create the corresponding TaskLog.

Regards,
João

Hi, 

You can update using Create_and_Update action or Update action with if condition. In your save action you have to assign date=CurrDateTime().

Hope This works.

Thanks,

Samiksha

Thank you! You helped me understanding more OutSystems and solved my problem!

Thank you!

Solution

Hi Gonçalo,

Before you call the CreateOrUpdateTask or UpdateTask CRUD action, make sure you assign the CurrDateTime() to the field Data, something like this:

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,
João

Hey! This really solved my problem!

I have one more question for you, if you can help me. Can I make somethnig like a record? Like (At 9 AM you changed this, At 10 AM that)

Hi Gonçalo,

I'm glad I could help!

In order to keep track of every single change, you will have to have a table that saves the logs, something like {TaskLog} entity to have a record for every change in a task. This entity should have its own id + TaskId + the same attributes as Task + CreatedOn (when the record was changed) + CreatedBy (of type User Identifier, who changed the record).

And then you should implement the logic that whenever you create or update a Task, you create the corresponding TaskLog.

Regards,
João

Hi Gonçalo,

As Marques suggested before calling update Task action you should assign Task.Date=CurrDateTime() I think it will be helpful for you.

If you still facing issue please share you oml.

Regards

Shashikant Shukla

Thank you! You helped me understanding more OutSystems and solved my problem!

Thank you!