Views
Comments
Solved
Create button for each user created

Hi,

I have two screens. 1 screens to create user and another where I wanted to appear a button or link by each user created.

Is it possible to create the button or link when creating the user on the 2nd screen? Automatically?

Thanks

Solution

Hi SpiritFox,

when you want a button or link for each record in a table (for example your user table), that's pretty straightforward, have an aggregate reading the records from the database, put a list on your screen, with a button or link in it.  

That's all, as you add or delete users, the buttons will follow.

Dorine

see attached oml

CreateButtonDemo.oml

Hello SpiritFox, 

If you need the content to be updated automatically on the 2nd screen without any user iteration, you need to use some push notification system.

See this component https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/4991/firebase-mobile

This video can help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygbu3AITS4k

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

You can hide and show any element on your screen, like a button, based on a condition.

So you can add an if around the button and only show it when User.Id is not NullIentiefier()

Regards,

Daniel

Hi SpiritFox,

Pass a input parameter of type UserIdentifier of currently created user to second screen on New user creation and then apply If condition on 2nd screen button element to show it when UserId <> NullIdentifier() as Daniel said.

Your condition will become like below:

If (UserId <> NullIdentifier())

{

//Show button element

}

else

{

//Hide Button element

}

Hope it works, Thanks and Happy Coding!!

Hi SpiritFox,

Can you please review the attached .OML and confirm it is what you want on the second screen i.e. after creating the new user?

Thanks & Regards,

Sachin

CreateButtonDemo.oml

Solution

Hi SpiritFox,

when you want a button or link for each record in a table (for example your user table), that's pretty straightforward, have an aggregate reading the records from the database, put a list on your screen, with a button or link in it.  

That's all, as you add or delete users, the buttons will follow.

Dorine

see attached oml

CreateButtonDemo.oml

Sorry for my ignorance. That's what I want!

Thanks for the help.