Views
Comments
Solved
Service Studio on Windows 10 ARM

Microsoft just released the 64bit emulation on Windows 10 ARM.

So I tried to install Service Studio using Parallels Technical Preview (only version that currently lets you install Windows  10 ARM on macOS) on my MacBook Air with the new Apple M1, but Service Studio doesn't run.

Although Service Studio is running on an emulation layer in Windows 10 ARM throws an error saying that needs a Windows 64-bit version to run.

Since most of us don't have EAP to the new cross-platform Service Studio, it would be great that the current Service Studio worked on Windows 10 ARM as a workaround for the new Apple M1 MacBooks.

Solution

Hello,

You can do it, I am running Service Studio on the Parallels tech preview on the M1.

The thing is, you are running a build of windows 10 ARM that does not have x64 and x86 emulation. I had the same problem. I assumed the stable build had the emulation layer needed to run Service Studio. It does not. For that to happen, inside the Windows 10 VM you need to flag yourself to fetch updates from "the dev Channel".

Only the build 21277 has the emulation you need to run Service Studio on ARM and that build is only available through the DEV channel, and needless to say, it's flagged as unstable.

Yet, I had no issues so far.

P.s - This is where you flag yourself for the Dev Channel. As soon as you flag yourself for the Dev Channel, go to windows update, check for updates, it will suggest you to download the build 21277~. Install it and run Service Studio. Have fun.

Hope it helps.

I had the wrong build, now it works like a charm :)

Thanks!

It's work well. Thank you very much. 

Hi Ricardo,

The Service Studio Version 11.6.7 (https://www.outsystems.com/downloads/ScreenDetails.aspx?MajorVersion=11&ReleaseId=19371&ComponentName=Development+Environment) is the last version with 32-bit operating systems support.

For more information: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/53006/service-studio-for-64-bit-operating-systems/ and https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/54426/service-studio-for-32-bit-operating-systems/.

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Amália Gama

Solution

Hello,

You can do it, I am running Service Studio on the Parallels tech preview on the M1.

The thing is, you are running a build of windows 10 ARM that does not have x64 and x86 emulation. I had the same problem. I assumed the stable build had the emulation layer needed to run Service Studio. It does not. For that to happen, inside the Windows 10 VM you need to flag yourself to fetch updates from "the dev Channel".

Only the build 21277 has the emulation you need to run Service Studio on ARM and that build is only available through the DEV channel, and needless to say, it's flagged as unstable.

Yet, I had no issues so far.

P.s - This is where you flag yourself for the Dev Channel. As soon as you flag yourself for the Dev Channel, go to windows update, check for updates, it will suggest you to download the build 21277~. Install it and run Service Studio. Have fun.

Hope it helps.

I had the wrong build, now it works like a charm :)

Thanks!

It's work well. Thank you very much.