Views
Comments
Solved
6.6 Data queries and widgets 2 Testing the app: Add Participants to a Movie
Question

Hi i have a question about 6.6 Data queries and widgets 2 Testing the app: Add Participants to a Movie i can not add persons with the respectief person role. I think the problem lies with that i have 2 movie detail entities but i cannot properly remove one without getting errors. Can somebody help me with this. Thank you in advance

Solution

Hello Erdinc,

I have observed 2 issues with your mainflow:

1. Un-necessary Movydetail screen.

2. No connection between MovieDetail screen and PersonDetail screen.

Your flow should look like below : 

For first issue you have to remove references first and then you can delete the screen

For second issue, you need to make sure your Cast and Crew should have proper link like below :

Perhaps, I don't think it will solve your main issue as AddMovieParticipant does not depend on MovieDetail screen data. Kindly ensure below functionality :

In AddMovieParticipant screen :

Save button screen action flow in core module :

Hope it solves your issue!

Sanjay

Solution

Hi Erdinc,

as you can see in your mainflow, you have 2 movie detail screens (I hope not 2 movie entities :-)

So when starting from the movies screen, there is a flow to the right one, but not to the bottom one.  And it is in the bottom one that you have added functionality to add participants.

So I suspect the right one (with the name MovyDetail) should be entirely deleted ??  

And you will have to change the link on the Movies screen (probably each movie name in the table is enclosed in a link ?) to flow to the correct (bottom) detail screen.

So I'd start with changing the link on the movies screen, do some testing, and then delete the MovyDetail screen from your mainflow.

Dorine

Hi Erdinc, 

If you are having two Movie entities, you will have to figure out which you want to keep and delete the the one which you don't want. Then next step would be to delete the MovyDetail screen(if this is not required for you) from your MainFlow and map the Movie screen to MovieDetail Screen in the MainFlow. Then you will have to change the link Destination of the Movie Title on Movie screen to MainFlow\MovieDetail

Solution

Hello Erdinc,

I have observed 2 issues with your mainflow:

1. Un-necessary Movydetail screen.

2. No connection between MovieDetail screen and PersonDetail screen.

Your flow should look like below : 

For first issue you have to remove references first and then you can delete the screen

For second issue, you need to make sure your Cast and Crew should have proper link like below :

Perhaps, I don't think it will solve your main issue as AddMovieParticipant does not depend on MovieDetail screen data. Kindly ensure below functionality :

In AddMovieParticipant screen :

Save button screen action flow in core module :

Hope it solves your issue!

Sanjay

Thank you all for your help