Comments
Solved
So many SLOWSQL of entity action
Question
Application Type
Service
Platform Version

Hi,

I wrote a batch process and i found there are lot of SLOWSQL in systems log similar to following log when i run the batch process.

Actually the entity ROWTYPE is small master table with only 3 columns and 10 records.
GetROWTYPE is standard entity function defined by OutSystems.

What's wrong with me?
BTW I am using external SQL Server and I confirmed there is a default cluster index for above entity.

Best regards

Solution

Hi Afonso,

I am actually using UNICODE parameter in my database connection.
I paid attention to SLOW SQL because my batch process take a long time but finally I found the problem is due to the missing of index in a table.My batch process run normally after adding index on this table.
Thanks a lot.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Jason,

Outsystems collect this data based on some standards and consider any query or sql as slow but sometime we consider the slowness to be ignored if it not too much like in seconds .

In the screen shot it shows 286 ms which is not too much considering the external database connection.

As far as i know Outsystems shows any query which takes more than 250 milliseconds as slow SQL to bring your attention. If you think this is too much for your scenario and bringing performance issue you can look back and try to optimize your query.

Regards,

-PJ-

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Jason,

If it's an external SQL Server, have you ruled out network issues? What times do you see if you query the table outside of an OutSystems context?

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Jason,

Outsystems collect this data based on some standards and consider any query or sql as slow but sometime we consider the slowness to be ignored if it not too much like in seconds .

In the screen shot it shows 286 ms which is not too much considering the external database connection.

As far as i know Outsystems shows any query which takes more than 250 milliseconds as slow SQL to bring your attention. If you think this is too much for your scenario and bringing performance issue you can look back and try to optimize your query.

Regards,

-PJ-

Hi Jason, 

Any query which takes more than 200 ms will be logged as slow query (in General logs).
You can change the Slow Query Threshold (milliseconds) using the Factory Configuration component (if you want=.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/25/factory-configuration

Best Regards,
Bruno Ferreira